The Global Young Academy (GYA) is looking for a
Press Officer (m/f)
The Press Officer will be in charge of the public relations work of the GYA. We search for a person with extensive international experience in science communication.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- development of a communications strategy using and further developing the established means of communication, the website, the magazine, the electronic newsletter and the GYA social media accounts at facebook and twitter
- day to day communications work on behalf of GYA: writing press statements, web and social media articles, editing reports and articles from the GYA membership
- introduction and further development of a CRM system for a systematic management GYA’s external contacts
- A completed academic education with at least a Master’s degree
- Relevant professional experience in science communication
- Excellent knowledge of the international science infrastructure, experience preferably on more than one world region
- Intercultural sensitivity and competencies
- Excellent references and readiness to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably a second language. Ability to work in a German language environment
- Creativity, good presentation and organisational skills
The payment will be based on E 13 according to the German public wage agreement. The working time is 19,5 hours per week (50%) with flexible working hours. The contract will be limited to the term congruent with the current core-funding of the GYA (ending on 31 December 2020). We expect possibilities for expansion and prolongation depending on future funding.
If you are interested in this position, please apply in English online using our online application form at www.leopoldina.org/de/jobs – “Stellenausschreibungen” – “Press Officer (m/f)” – Button on the right side: “Online bewerben”. The deadline for application is 27 August 2017.
GYA and the Leopoldina are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applicants who are non EU citizens and not citizens of Island, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland need a valid work permit for Germany.
For further information please consult www.globalyoungacademy.net or call the Managing Director +40 3345 47 239 172